Plantains is a starchy cousin of the banana, and all that added starch means it almost always needs to be cooked before it can be eaten. It is a major group of banana varieties that are staple foods in many tropical areas. Because plantains have the most starch before they ripen, they are usually cooked green or ripe, either boiled or fried, in savory dishes. The ripe fruits are mildly sweet and are often cooked with coconut juice or sugar as a flavoring. Plantains may also be dried for later use in cooking or ground for use as a meal, which can be further refined to a flour. Some benefits of plantains are;
- It helps with ulcers caused by aspirin.
- Plantains are high in Vitamin A.
- They are high in fiber which is good for digestive health.
- Plantains contain potassium which is good for your heart and other organs.
- Plantains contain magnesium which is needed for good health.
- Reduce the number of harmful free radicals.
- Boost the immune system.
- Promote healthy brain function.
- Good source of carbohydrate with low fat content.
***THIS ITEM COME IN 4 PIECES***
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.